- •Painful left bundle branch block syndrome is likely an under-recognized disease that can lead to diagnostic delay and significant morbidity.
- •His bundle pacing and left bundle branch area pacing have been shown to be effective therapies for this syndrome by reestablishing normal physiologic activation.
- •Left septal pacing appears to provide sufficient resynchronization for resolution of symptoms despite lack of engagement of the conduction system.
- Painful left bundle branch block syndrome: clinical and electrocardiographic features and further directions for evaluation and treatment.Heart Rhythm. 2016; 13: 226-232
- Chest pain and rate-dependent left bundle branch block in patients with normal coronary arteriograms.Chest. 1982; 81: 326-331
- Abnormal cardiac sensitivity in patients with chest pain and normal coronary arteries.J Am Coll Cardiol. 1990; 16: 1359-1366
- Painful left bundle branch block [corrected] syndrome treated successfully with permanent His bundle pacing.HeartRhythm Case Rep. 2018; 4: 439-443
- Painful left bundle branch block syndrome treated with His bundle pacing.J Electrocardiol. 2018; 51: 1019-1022
- Persistent exertional chest pain in a marathon runner: exercise-induced, painful, left bundle branch block syndrome treated with his-bundle pacing.Mayo Clin Proc Innov Qual Outcomes. 2019; 3: 226-230
- Treatment of painful left bundle branch block syndrome with cardiac resynchronization therapy or right-ventricular pacing.HeartRhythm Case Rep. 2019; 5: 321-324
- Intermediate-term performance and safety of His-bundle pacing leads: a single-center experience.Heart Rhythm. 2021; 18: 743-749
- Painful left bundle branch block syndrome successfully treated with left bundle branch area pacing.JACC Case Rep. 2020; 2: 568-571
- Fixation beats: a novel marker for reaching the left bundle branch area during deep septal lead implantation.Heart Rhythm. 2021; 18: 562-569
- His-bundle pacing to treat an unusual case of chest pain after pacemaker implant.J Cardiol Cases. 2022; 25: 272-274
- Clinical outcomes of left bundle branch area pacing compared to right ventricular pacing: results from the Geisinger-Rush Conduction System Pacing Registry.Heart Rhythm. 2022; 19: 3-11
- Left bundle branch pacing: JACC review topic of the week.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2019; 74: 3039-3049
- Left ventricular septal and left ventricular apical pacing chronically maintain cardiac contractile coordination, pump function and efficiency.Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol. 2009; 2: 571-579
- Short-term hemodynamic and electrophysiological effects of cardiac resynchronization by left ventricular septal pacing.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2020; 75: 347-359
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Funding Sources: This work was supported by the Pennsylvania Steel Company EP Research Fund. The funder played no role in conduct of the study, preparation of the manuscript, or the decision to submit the publication. Disclosures: None.
User licenseCreative Commons Attribution (CC BY 4.0) |
- Read, print & download
- Redistribute or republish the final article
- Text & data mine
- Translate the article
- Reuse portions or extracts from the article in other works
- Sell or re-use for commercial purposes
Elsevier's open access license policy